POWELL, OH (WCMH) — The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium has released a new video of baby gorilla, Jamani, sleeping in her mother’s arms.
The female western lowland gorilla baby named Jamani was born just about a month ago to Cassie, and first-time father, Ktembe, according to the zoo.
The zoo website states that western lowland gorillas have a single birth every 3 to 4 years and gestation last 255-265 days, or around 8.5 months.
Here is Jamani’s original birth announcement the zoo posted on Facebook. You can see how much she’s grown from these pictures.
- Bessemer shootings continue Tuesday evening
- Absentee Voting generating long wait times in Jefferson County
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.