JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office deputies are investigating a hit-and-run that took place on the 5700 block of Chalkville Mountain Road and Wright Street in unincorporated Jefferson County.
A white male was driving a black vehicle when it struck the propane tanks in front of the Grant’s convenience store building. The impact of the vehicle caused the windows of the building to break.
The driver fled the scene. There are no reported injuries.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Central AL Forecast: Thunderstorms Tonight & Early Tomorrow; Very Warm Weekend Ahead
- Alabama to allow spiritual advisor at inmate’s execution
- 72-year-old Hoover man charged with sex abuse, child pornography possession
- Costco lifts minimum wage above Amazon or Target to $16 per hour
- Ohio man who had sex without disclosing HIV may have more victims, police say