JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office deputies are investigating a hit-and-run that took place on the 5700 block of Chalkville Mountain Road and Wright Street in unincorporated Jefferson County.
A white male was driving a black vehicle when it struck the propane tanks in front of the Grant’s convenience store building. The impact of the vehicle caused the windows of the building to break.
The driver fled the scene. There are no reported injuries.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Alabama days away from runoff election for US Senate seat
- ‘The Bright Star’ restaurant temporarily closes due to COVID-19
- Drowning investigation underway on Lake Harding
- President Trump criticizes privately built border wall in Mission
- Birmingham Fire investigating fire at St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church