(WIAT) -- The IRS is reporting a massive backlog following the five week government shutdown. An internal report from the National Taxpayer Advocate painted a dismal picture of the federal tax collector as already stretched thin as it tried to implement changes connected to the 2017 tax overhaul. The report says most taxpayers that are calling the IRS to make payment arrangements wait an average of 93 minutes even after the shutdown's end.
To read more about the report, click here.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- A single-vehicle crash claimed the life of a Haleyville woman
- Saturday is National Puppy Day!
- MAJOR SALE: Lovelady Thrift celebrates its birthday with 50% off everything Saturday
- Grammy-winning singer Jason Isbell brings new fest home