MONROVIA, Calif. (WIAT & CBS) — On Friday morning, a large brown bear was seen wandering in a California neighborhood.
Wildlife officials and curious onlookers watch as the animal roams through the residential streets and into nearby alleys in Monrovia.
The bear was spotted around 4:30 a.m.
At least one vehicle came perilously close to the bear in the middle of a street, driving past in the pre-dawn darkness.
The massive bear made its way into the front yards of several homes.
After hours of enjoying its time in the many yards in the neighborhood, wildlife crews have officially tranquilized the bear in order to capture it.
- School bus involved in crash on Highway 150 in Hoover
- Ranked: The rattiest cities in America
- Body found at apartment complex in Tuscaloosa, foul play is suspected
- Ohio felon accused of using Kool-Aid packet to ring up $994 in charges at Florida Walmart
- 3 employees at Cullman County School Board test positive for COVID-19