BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (1:20 p.m.) – The body found in Bessemer Wednesday has been identified as Tiffany Osborne, the Hueytown woman who went missing back in February.
The Midfield Police Department is investigating the case as a homicide. Osborne was 31 years old and a mother of three children.
Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding an unidentified body that was found under a mattress at a Bessemer dump.
According to the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office, the body was found after 9 a.m. Wednesday in the area of Lakeshore Parkway and Turin Drive at the end of the road. The body was found in an area used as an illegal dump.
An autopsy is currently being done and identification of the body could take a few days. The Bessemer Police Department is working the case.
- COVID-19 cases rising in Tuscaloosa raises concerns
- Should Alabama expand Medicaid coverage?
- National Guard called to respond to Minneapolis violence
- WATCH: National Hamburger Day taste test
- 1 injured after being shot in Tarrant, suspects still at large