BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (1:20 p.m.) – The body found in Bessemer Wednesday has been identified as Tiffany Osborne, the Hueytown woman who went missing back in February.
The Midfield Police Department is investigating the case as a homicide. Osborne was 31 years old and a mother of three children.
Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding an unidentified body that was found under a mattress at a Bessemer dump.
According to the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office, the body was found after 9 a.m. Wednesday in the area of Lakeshore Parkway and Turin Drive at the end of the road. The body was found in an area used as an illegal dump.
An autopsy is currently being done and identification of the body could take a few days. The Bessemer Police Department is working the case.
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s family speaks on his legacy
- How will a $15-per-hour federal minimum wage impact Alabama small businesses?
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- Four people injured after multiple shootings in Monroe County
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief