ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA) — A theme park worker has died after falling 200 feet from the Orlando Starflyer attraction on Monday, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
The 21-year-old man was performing a safety check when he fell to his death shortly before 8 a.m., authorities said on Monday.
Fire officials said the man fell 200 feet and struck a platform below the attraction. He was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office is conducting a death investigation, according to WESH.
The 450-foot attraction opened in 2018.
No other details were available.
- Birmingham first responders explain importance of COVID-19 vaccine
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- 43-year-old’s dying words: ‘I never thought that I would be considered nonessential’
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- 1 killed after Las Vegas-based bus rolls over near Grand Canyon, 44 transported to medical center