AUSTIN, Texas (KXAN) — Kent Adan Silva arrived at 12:40 a.m. New Year’s Day, a healthy 8 pounds 5 ounces and 21.25 inches long. His family, who are from Buda, Texas have more than just his birth to celebrate.
Kent was the first baby born at Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin, which means he just earned his family free tacos for a year. On Tuesday, Austin-based company Torchy’s announced it would provide that food to the first baby born in 2020 at that hospital.
Torchy’s said in a release the family received a gift basket (with Torchy’s swag inside) and a gift card for a year’s worth of tacos from Torchy’s. Tacos at the restaurant range from less than $3 to more than $5.
New Year’s Day babies
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center in Lakeway says its first baby was born at 12:31 a.m. Katelynn was 6 pounds, 7.3 ounces and measured 19 inches long. Her parents are Esme and Jose.
- Amended gambling bill passes Alabama Senate, heads to House
- Moderna vaccine remains 90 percent effective after 6 months, company says
- Lawsuit filed against defendants in alleged multi-million dollar Limestone County school fraud scheme
- Expert says Chauvin was justified in pinning down George Floyd
- Nearly 3 weeks after tornado, Ohatchee in need of volunteers