SAINT MARYS, W. Va. — A small dog was rescued Wednesday from a high bridge over the Ohio River in West Virginia, and afterward, he was treated to lunch.
According to a post on the West Virginia Department of Transportation’s Twitter page, an inspection crew was working on the Hi Carpenter Memorial Bridge when the dog was found walking on a lower section of the structure.
Crew members Rob Jeffries and Joey Linville rescued the tri-colored dog and shared their lunch with it.
“He may have found a home with operator Joey Linville,” the WVDOT said in the post.
The Hi Carpenter Memorial Bridge, a cantilever bridge over the Ohio River, spans between Ohio and West Virginia.
- Doctor: The current US testing strategy isn’t working
- Trump: Former aide Michael Flynn ‘granted a full pardon’
- Hoover PD investigating bank robbery, suspect still at large
- Viral Arkansas police officer on a mission to make a difference
- Judge reduces prison sentence for former Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard