TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A search is underway for a missing newborn after her mother left a Tampa hospital with her on Thursday, authorities said.
The infant, Brinae Sherman, was born at St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital to 20-year-old Kanasia Johnson, deputies said.
According to deputies, Johnson’s parental rights had been terminated, and she had failed to inform her case manager that she was pregnant.
Johnson and the baby haven’t been seen since they left the hospital on Thursday, authorities said.
“We are very concerned for this infant, who is less than a week old, and our child protective investigators want to make contact with her mother as quickly as possible to ensure that this innocent child is safe,” said Sheriff Chad Chronister. “We are asking anyone who locates Johnson to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at 813-247-8200.”
- Trump claims he paid ‘millions’ in taxes despite returns showing he paid $750 in 2016, no taxes some years
- More products added to FDA hand sanitizer recall list
- IHOP introduces happy hour, with a twist
- With little movement on new stimulus checks in US, here’s what other countries have done
- Can Trump release his own tax returns?