(CBS NEWSPATH) — On Wednesday, Breonna Taylor’s boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, went on “CBS This Morning” to talk to Gayle King about his girlfriend, whom he was with when she was killed by Louisville police officers March 13.
Walker said he and Taylor were in bed watching a movie when police raided the apartment, as part of a narcotics investigation targeting Taylor’s ex-boyfriend. Kenneth Walker and Breonna Taylor do not have a criminal history, and no illegal drugs were found in the home.
“To the world, she’s just a hashtag, a picture, and all of that,” Walker said. “But to me it was much more. more than girlfriend too. I think that’s what I want the world to know the most. That was my best friend, the most important person to me pretty much on Earth and they took her.”
WATCH PART 2 OF WALKER’S INTERVIEW WITH GAYLE KING ON “CBS THIS MORNING”
A grand jury accepted the Kentucky Attorney General’s recommendation not to charge any officers for Taylor’s death. Both the Louisville Metro Police Department and attorneys for three individual officers involved declined to comment.
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta gains strength as landfall approaches; major wind event expected for Central AL
- Tracking the Tropics: Cat 2 Hurricane Zeta strengthens as it gets closer to Gulf Coast landfall
- Eutaw mayor-elect arrested for using title for personal gain, lying to investigators
- It’s a hoax: Facebook post offers free Chick-fil-A gift basket
- 17-year-old hit by off-duty BPD officer’s vehicle dies