TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The Tuscaloosa Police Department has arrested a 19-year-old man after being informed he was having an “intimate relationship” with a 12-year-old girl.
Mario Pablo Ortiz was arrested Tuesday at his residence following a call TPD received about the alleged relationship.
Ortiz has been charged with first and second-degree rape and interference with custody. He is currently being held at the Tuscaloosa County Jail on an $80,000 bond.
- TPD: Man suffers ‘serious’ head injuries after being attacked with axe, suspect still on the loose
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- Arizona woman wakes up to find tires slashed, severed finger on driveway
- Two women tried to spend $1 million bill at Dollar General store