NORTHPORT, Ala. (WIAT) — Supporters of President Donald Trump held a boat parade Labor Day on the Black Warrior River in Northport.
Around 20 boats participated in the event, which started at 1:30 p.m. at Oliver Lock and Dam. According to parade organizers Jackson Lancaster and Brayden Brewer wrote, the parade will finish at Fosters Sandbar.
Over 1,000 people expressed interest in the event’s Facebook page.
“Show your support for President Trump and our country and fly your Trump flags!” the organizers wrote on Facebook.
Over the weekend, several boats sunk during a similar parade held at Lake Travis in Texas.
- Super Bowl odds: Chiefs and Packers lead the way
- Police conduct death investigation on Troy University campus
- ‘It’s no longer a political party. It’s a cult’: Former Oklahoma lawmaker leaves Republican party
- What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?
- ‘The avalanche was in control’: Video shows snowboarder survive scary snow slide