WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump’s repeated trashing of a Democratic impeachment inquiry has helped prompt a $13 million flood of campaign cash to bolster his reelection effort.
His campaign says that in the 24 hours that followed Pelosi’s Tuesday announcement of an impeachment inquiry, it raised $5 million from online donors.
A Republican National Committee official said he was also expected to raise $5 million for his campaign and the RNC from a Wednesday night fundraiser, followed by an additional $3 million from a Thursday morning breakfast.
Trump’s not the only one trying to cash in on the impeachment fervor, which stems from his efforts to get the Ukrainian government to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, a potential 2020 Democratic rival.
Biden, too, saw an uptick surge in donations last weekend.
- Alabama Ghost Stories: Condie Cunningham
- ‘You can’t help but be emotional’: Oak tree ends up in kitchen of Chilton County home
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
- National Cat Day: 8 weird things cats do and why
- Residents in Hoover work to recover from Hurricane Zeta storm damages