TROY, Ala. (WDHN) — Troy Police have made an arrest following a shooting that left a father in the hospital and his son behind bars.
In a news release Sunday afternoon, Troy Police said Willie Jamel Bray, 26, was arrested and charged with first-degree domestic violence.
Bray’s father, Willie Edward Bray, 51, was shot outside a home in the 200 block of Jones Street, police said. The shooting happened around 7:25 a.m. Sunday morning.
The elder Bray had been shot in the stomach when police arrived on the scene. Police believe the shooting stemmed from an argument that ensued between the father and his son about the use of a vehicle.
“The argument began inside the residence and became physical,” police said. “The physical confrontation continued outside. Willie Jamel Bray produced a handgun and shot his father, Willie Edward Bray, in the stomach.”
During the investigation Sunday, police recovered the weapon used in the shooting inside the home.
Willie Jamel Bray is in the Pike County Jail. His bond is set at $100,000.00.
Willie Edward Bray is in a Montgomery hospital undergoing treatment. Police did not provide the father’s condition.
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Lorna Road
- Central AL Forecast: Cooler & Quiet as Fall Begins on Tuesday
- Celebrities react to death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma