MUNFORD, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (10:18 AM): The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency has provided more information about this morning’s bus accident involving a passenger vehicle:
ALEA troopers were notified of a wreck at 7:14 a.m. on AL 21 near Pilgrim Road in Talladega County. A passenger car was traveling south on AL 21, passed five vehicles and struck a Talladega County School bus that was traveling north.
There were 21 students and the bus driver on board the bus, and they were all transported to local hospitals for minor injuries.
The driver of the passenger car was killed.
ALEA troopers are investigating the accident and the extent of all the injuries.
UPDATE: We have learned that the accident involved a bus and a car that collided head-on. According to Munford police, a person has died in the car.
We are still gathering information about the accident.
Original Story: CBS 42 is heading to the scene of a reported school bus accident at Oak Grover Road and Highway 21 in Munford.
State troopers are at the scene.
We are working to gather more information at this time.
Check back for updates.
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Fans still excited for Iron Bowl after Saban contracts COVID-19
- 2 businesses burglarized in Montgomery County
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments
- AEA: Students are using doctors notes to get out of quarantine