FORT WORTH, Texas (KETK) – Joseph Maldonado-Passage, AKA Joe Exotic from “Tiger King”, has been transferred to a prison medical center in Fort Worth.
According to our sister station NBC DFW, Maldonado-Passage is being held at Fort Worth FMC, a medical center operated by the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
Maldonado-Passage, 57, is in quarantine there after multiple fellow inmates at the jail where he was being held tested positive for the coronavirus.
He is currently serving a 22-year sentence after being convicted in a murder-for-hire plot. Maldonado-Passage had attempted to hire someone to kill Carole Baskin, a prominent animal rights activist and a centerpiece of the Netflix viral documentary “Tiger King.”
Maldonado-Passage was also convicted on nine counts of violating the Endangered Species Act and eight counts of violating wildlife records.
- 53 Tuscaloosa firefighters off duty due to testing positive, being exposed to COVID-19
- 1 injured in shooting on Highway 75 near church
- State superintendent says he can’t force schools to return to in-person learning
- ‘Pay-what-you-can’ restaurant celebrates 1 year in business
- Opioid crisis has worsened during the pandemic, lawmakers fear