KENNER, La. — Louisiana authorities said three brothers are accused of raping a 10-year-old girl.
Raul and Wilmer Paz Perez were arrested Saturday and charged with first-degree rape of a victim under the age of 13.
Kenner police said Monday that Elder Paz Perez remains a fugitive.
Police said the brothers were alone with the girl on Sept. 9 and began making sexual advances towards her, offering money in exchange for sex.
Police said the girl refused and locked herself in the bathroom but they broke in and raped her.
Lt. Michael Cunningham, with Kenner police, said Monday that the three brothers were friends of the child’s family.
Anyone with information on Elder Paz Perez should contact the police.
It’s unclear if the brothers have lawyers to speak for them. ICE detainers have been placed on both Raul and Wilmer Paz-Perez.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Birmingham VA Medical Center working to access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- In ambulances, an unseen, unwelcome passenger: COVID-19
- Las Vegas law allowing alcohol deliveries from restaurants, convenience stores goes into effect
- Super Bowl LV odds: Kansas City a 3.5-point favorite
- At least 31 law enforcement officers in 12 states tied to storming of the Capitol