This is an active story and we will keep you posted as more information is made available.
MISSION, Texas — A suspect is dead from gunshot wounds after a domestic violence dispute and an hours long police stand-off in Mission.
Police responded to Viejo Lane in reference to a domestic violence dispute on Thursday night.
According to officials, a suspect fired shots at Mission police officers.
The suspect has been identified as Gabriel Salinas, 39, who formerly served as a commissioner in Sullivan City.
Salinas was arrested in 2019 for assault that is believed to be stemmed from a domestic dispute.
No officers were injured, however, the suspect’s girlfriend was injured and sent to the hospital with her four-year-old son, who sustained a grazed gunshot to the head.
The suspect barricaded himself inside of his residence as police negotiated with him for hours.
Later in the night, the suspect was shot and died from the injury.
The Texas Rangers are now handling the investigation.
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Fans still excited for Iron Bowl after Saban contracts COVID-19
- 2 businesses burglarized in Montgomery County
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments
- AEA: Students are using doctors notes to get out of quarantine