BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A recent study found that Birmingham is in the top 10 least safe cities in the United States.
The personal finance website WalletHub released its annual list looking at 41 metrics across 182 cities in the country. Some of the metrics looked at including hate crimes per capita, percentage of uninsured population and unemployment rate.
Birmingham was named as the seventh least safe city. The city ranked 175th in assaults per capita, 140th in traffic fatalities and 136th in natural disaster risk level.
Little Rock, Baton Rouge, Detroit, San Bernardino, Fort Lauderdale and St. Louis rounded out the bottom of the list.
To see the full study, click here.
- No shortage of positive messages during COVID-19 pandemic
- For Mitch McConnell, coronvirus carries echo of his boyhood polio
- Alabaster woman spends long hours making masks to donate across the US
- Woman accused of licking $1,800 worth of items at California grocery store arrested on felony charge
- Central AL Forecast: Dry and cool through Saturday, eyeing severe weather Sunday