BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A recent study found that Birmingham is in the top 10 least safe cities in the United States.
The personal finance website WalletHub released its annual list looking at 41 metrics across 182 cities in the country. Some of the metrics looked at including hate crimes per capita, percentage of uninsured population and unemployment rate.
Birmingham was named as the seventh least safe city. The city ranked 175th in assaults per capita, 140th in traffic fatalities and 136th in natural disaster risk level.
Little Rock, Baton Rouge, Detroit, San Bernardino, Fort Lauderdale and St. Louis rounded out the bottom of the list.
To see the full study, click here.
- Childersburg principal behind viral COVID-19 video issues challenge to other educators
- New food center coming to former Super Walmart in Fairfield
- Newsfeed Now: Walmart attack caught on video; Obituary goes viral
- Man who shot Denver officer and escaped prison in 1974 arrested in New Mexico
- Texas woman blames Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s death from COVID-19 in scathing obit