‘Son of the South’ movie extras say they haven’t been paid

News

LOS ANGELES, CA – NOVEMBER 04: Barry Alexander Brown receives the Hamilton Award for Editor for “BlackKKlansman” at the Hamilton Behind the Camera Awards presented by Los Angeles Confidential Magazine on November 4, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Randy Shropshire/Getty Images for LA Confidential)

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Some extras on the Alabama movie set of “Son of the South” say they haven’t been paid, months after the filming.

News outlets report producer Stan Erdreich cited “unforeseen accounting issues, but said they are now resolved. Erdreich says now it’s a matter of getting the checks mailed out.

The Alabama Film Office said last week that the producers of the film can’t claim $1 million in incentives until all the extras get paid.

Several extras said they’ve heard nothing from the production company. Nikki Falcone and her daughter worked in the spring and still haven’t received payment.

“Son of the South” is an adaptation of “The Wrong Side of Murder Creek,” an autobiography by Bob Zellner, a white Alabamian who participated in the civil rights movement.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

TRENDING STORIES