TRENTON, Mich. (WATE) — A human skull was found at the Michigan home of a man shot and killed in East Tennessee last week, authorities say.
The remains were discovered Monday in Trenton, Michigan, by the new owners of the previous home of Mark Eberly.
The new homeowners saw the skull in the home’s fire pit and immediately contacted police.
According to WJBK, police said Eberly moved from the Trenton residence sometime in the past few months during the COVID-19 pandemic. Neighbors told WJBK that Eberly had nightly fires in the pit before moving away.
Investigators say the remains of only one person have been found.
- Strange new Netflix show turns blind dates into ‘Sexy Beasts’
- Atheists, humanists sue over Mississippi’s license plates
- Michigan native Fisher views extra year before Tokyo as a boon
- Mississippi Center for Advanced Medicine reports data breach that may have jeopardized patient information
- Impressive video shows man free shark from fishing line at California beach