TRENTON, Mich. (WATE) — A human skull was found at the Michigan home of a man shot and killed in East Tennessee last week, authorities say.
The remains were discovered Monday in Trenton, Michigan, by the new owners of the previous home of Mark Eberly.
The new homeowners saw the skull in the home’s fire pit and immediately contacted police.
According to WJBK, police said Eberly moved from the Trenton residence sometime in the past few months during the COVID-19 pandemic. Neighbors told WJBK that Eberly had nightly fires in the pit before moving away.
Investigators say the remains of only one person have been found.
- Helena mayoral candidates face off
- Woman shot after pointing gun at St. Clair County sheriff deputies who found man dead
- Texas band director accused of having child porn, recording students
- Hueytown District 2 councilor challenged after 16 years in office
- Southwest removes family from flight after 3-year-old with autism refuses mask