(WIAT) — Many people will spend a pretty penny this year to travel for the holidays in December.
45% more people travel during the month of December. It’s no surprise since Hannukah, Kwanza, Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Years Eve are all within weeks of each other.
In fact, Saturday, December 21, is one of the most expensive days to fly domestically this holiday season as the average United States national domestic roundtrip economy airfare for one person is $497, according to TripAdvisor Flights Search Data.
However, deals can still be found. Flying on Christmas Eve, airfare is about 25% cheaper, $374, than flying on the most expensive day, according to the search data.
- Oxmoor Valley reading program taking students from Birmingham to Broadway
- Josh Duggar trial: Federal investigator details what was found on computer
- Helena ups security, road closures for Saturday’s 50th Christmas parade
- Urban League aims to relieve pressure caused by JCCEO difficulties
- Total solar eclipse 2021: What time and how to watch on Saturday