TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — The city of Tuscaloosa has confirmed a sanitary sewer overflow that reached a storm drain that leads to Lake Tuscaloosa.
The city is notifying residents to make sure they act with extreme care as health risks can occur if they come into contact with the contaminated water.
The overflow does not impact tap water as the water and wastewater systems are two different systems.
Signage is in place in the areas most at risk.
- Richmond baby hears mother’s voice for first time with priceless reaction
- Florida taxi driver caught sexually assaulting blind woman in cab, police say
- WATCH LIVE: Blue Angels fly over Pensacola in support of those impacted by Hurricane Sally
- Officer shot in Louisville walks into roll call the next morning
- 2 vehicles drive into crowd protesting Breonna Taylor’s killing; at least 1 hit