Coachella is associated with music, fashion, and potentially STDs.
Herp Alert, a website that diagnoses and treats herpes, says cases of the STD skyrocketed.
The site saw the spike in the towns surrounding the famed music festival and in areas where many concertgoers live like Los Angeles and San Diego.
Between the two weekends of Coachella — Herp Alert tallied up to 250 herpes cases per day.
That’s a record.
Typically, Herp Alert responds to about 12 cases a day.
The last time the site saw a major spike was during Oscars weekend, where it diagnosed 60 cases of herpes a day.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WATCH: GIRL HIDES TO AVOID CAR FOLLOWING HER IN VACAVILLE
- DIRT BIKE RIDERS CAUGHT SPEEDING IN OAKLAND
- IT’S LEGAL FOR MEAT TO HAVE TRACE AMOUNTS OF FECAL MATTER
- SF HOME TO HIGHEST AVERAGE GAS PRICE IN US
- TARGET LAUNCHES CAR SEAT TRADE-IN EVENT