(AP) – The following is the text of a statement from Sean Conley, physician to the president:
I release the following information with the permission of President Donald J. Trump and First Lady Melania Trump.
This evening I received confirmation that both President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump have tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
The President and First Lady are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence.
The White House medical team and I will maintain a vigilant watch, and I appreciate the support provided by some of our our country’s greatest medical professionals and institutions. Rest assured I expect the President to continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering, and I will keep you updated on any future developments.
- Broadway icon, lyricist behind ‘West Side Story’ Stephen Sondheim dead at 91
- Black Friday shopping in full swing at Riverchase Galleria
- Five things to know about omicron, new COVID-19 ‘variant of concern’
- We tested three toys for toddlers — here is what’s worth buying this holiday season
- Dauphin Island Sea Lab octopus predicts who will win Iron Bowl 2021