TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Publix has confirmed it is working to add physical barriers between customers and employees in an effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
According to a spokesperson with Publix, the Florida-based grocery-store chain is installing plexiglass barriers at its registers, customer service desks and pharmacies.
Installations will begin this coming weekend and are expected to be fully installed companywide within the next two weeks.
- Navy announces first Black female aircraft pilot
- Washington to shed ‘Redskins’ name Monday, reports say
- Helicopters drop water as ship continues to burn at Naval Base San Diego
- Huntsville man completes 1,000-mile walk to Minneapolis in honor of George Floyd
- Alabama days away from runoff election for US Senate seat