TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Publix has confirmed it is working to add physical barriers between customers and employees in an effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
According to a spokesperson with Publix, the Florida-based grocery-store chain is installing plexiglass barriers at its registers, customer service desks and pharmacies.
Installations will begin this coming weekend and are expected to be fully installed companywide within the next two weeks.
- Blood donations needed for next several months
- City of Columbiana refilling residents’ hand sanitizer bottles
- Southside man arrested on multiple sex-related charges
- Etowah County man wanted for rape, sex abuse found in Texas
- President Trump addresses a nation in for “the hardest and saddest week”