NEW YORK CITY (AP) — A power outage cast darkness across dozens of blocks in New York City early Friday, as many people in the city were still without electricity in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Isaias.
The utility added that crews have been working around the clock to restore power across the city due to the tropical storm that battered the East Coast earlier this week.
Live video showed few lights across Manhattan, including parts of the Upper East Side, Upper West Side and Harlem, around 5:15 a.m., WABC-TV reported. Some customers said their power was back by 6 a.m.
- A mission to preserve Mexican Folkloric Dance
- Puede Network brings Ivy League drive and leadership to underserved community
- Suspect arrested following police pursuit in downtown Birmingham
- Anniston removes Confederate monument following vote
- Trump claims he paid ‘millions’ in taxes despite returns showing he paid $750 in 2016, no taxes some years