NEW YORK CITY (AP) — A power outage cast darkness across dozens of blocks in New York City early Friday, as many people in the city were still without electricity in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Isaias.
The utility added that crews have been working around the clock to restore power across the city due to the tropical storm that battered the East Coast earlier this week.
Live video showed few lights across Manhattan, including parts of the Upper East Side, Upper West Side and Harlem, around 5:15 a.m., WABC-TV reported. Some customers said their power was back by 6 a.m.
- Retired Col. Ralph Puckett to Best Ranger competitors: ‘You are the best our country produces’
- Alaska to offer COVID vaccines in airports
- TPD: Man suffers ‘serious’ head injuries after being attacked with axe, suspect still on the loose
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting