WASHINGTON (WFLA) — For the second year in a row, the Gallup poll found former First Lady Michelle Obama to be the “most admirable woman” in America.
Gallup conducts a survey each year asking the open-ended questions: “What woman that you have heard or read about, living today in any part of the world, do you admire most? And who is your second choice?”
Michelle Obama was the only woman in double digits this year, polling at 10%, which was 5% less than in 2018. Current First Lady Melania Trump finished second this year, mentioned by 5% of polled individuals.
President Donald Trump and former President Barack Obama tied for 2019’s most admired man, mentioned by 18% of U.S. adults.
- Matsuyama’s Masters Win, Justin Thomas and Jordan Spieth’s future, Next 1st-Time Major Winner?
- Democrats push for passage of anti-Asian hate crimes bill
- Reward being offered in search of ‘violent fugitive’ in Autauga County
- EXPLAINER: What’s known about J&J’s vaccine and rare clots
- Mick Jagger and Dave Grohl mock anti-vaxxers in new song