BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is transporting people for a common cause, igniting real change on Super Tuesday.
“All over the State of Alabama, the NAACP is working really hard to make sure that people have a ride to the polls,” said NAACP Vice President Kenneth Dukes.
The NAACP has been doing this free deed for years. Dukes says if you need a ride call, the NAACP State Office at 256-444-1300. He says a member or volunteer will take the voter to the polling location.
- VIDEO: Florida man rescues puppy from jaws of alligator
- Coronavirus pandemic blamed for rise in violent crimes across the U.S.
- Gift-Giving suggestions for Children’s of Alabama
- Central AL Forecast: Chilly start, but milder temps and more rain chances ahead
- UAB doctor: ‘We are seeing the highest number of patients I have ever taken care of in my 10 years of being a hospitalist’