BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — On Tuesday, many cities and towns across the state—and in Central Alabama—will hold their elections.
All municipalities in the state will be holding elections except the following:
Tuesday will be the second time Alabama voters have turned out to the polls since the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic led to shutdowns across the U.S. On July 14, nearly four months after being delayed from its original date, former Auburn University football coach Tommy Tuberville defeated former U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions in the state’s primary runoff elections. This time however, masks are required at the polls, per the amended statewide Safer at Home order.
CBS 42 will cover all Central Alabama municipal elections, featuring special coverage on the mayoral races in the following cities:
- Alabaster — Scott Brakefield elected as mayor of Alabaster by Reshad Hudson & Landon Wexler
- Anniston — Run-off election to be held in Anniston mayoral race by Autumn Bracey
- Carbon Hill — April Kennedy-Herron elected Carbon Hill mayor by Landon Wexler
- Clanton — Clanton to elect a new mayor for the first time in 36 years by Landon Wexler
- Cullman — Incumbent Mayor Woody Jacobs wins Cullman mayoral election by Malique Rankin
- Fairfield — Mayor Eddie Penny wins Fairfield mayoral election by Cory McGinnis
- Fultondale — Larry Holcomb beats incumbent mayor to win Fultondale mayoral election by Landon Wexler
- Helena — Brian Puckett wins mayoral election in Helena by Jessalyn Adams
- Homewood — Homewood mayoral election heads to runoff in October by Katherine Mozzone
- Hoover — Mayor Frank Brocato re-elected as mayor of Hoover by Michael Clark
- Northport — Runoff to be held for Northport mayoral election by Tim Reid
Stay with us on election day for continuous coverage. Check back for updates.
- Biden’s dogs sent home after ‘biting’ incident: report
- Company adapts discontinued waffle recipe for boy with autism
- ‘It’s been a traumatic year’: Alabama Hospital Association president on COVID-19 anniversary
- Investigation underway after Bibb County cemetery vandalized
- Task force briefs lawmakers on Capitol security 2 months after riot