The man accused of killing Fort Hood Pfc. Brandon Scoot Rosecrans tried to blame someone else for the murder, according to a newly released arrest affidavit obtained by FOX44 News.
Brandon Michael Olivares was charged with the soldier’s murder Wednesday
Police found the 27-year-old’s body in the 2100 block of Fuller Lane in Harker Heights on May 18th. Officers found his vehicle on fire a few blocks away.
In the arrest affidavit, detectives say Olivares first claimed another person, Jai Smith, killed Rosecrans while they were driving back from San Antonio where they had bought illegal drugs.
Investigators say they obtained the phone records for all three men to check that story. They say Smith’s phones never left Killeen that night.
They also say Smith’s girlfriend confirmed he did not leave San Antonio that night. She also told detectives that Olivares claimed he shot and killed Rosecrans for trying to rape his girlfriend.
You can read the entire arrest affidavit here:
Olivares is in the Bell County Jail on a $1,000,000 bond. He was already in jail when he was charged with murder.
In 2017, Olivares was at the center of a stand-off in Killeen. It started when police officers tried to arrest him outside a house on York Avenue.
Police say Olivares resisted several times and barricaded himself inside a home before surrendering an hour later.
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Lorna Road
- Central AL Forecast: Cooler & Quiet as Fall Begins on Tuesday
- Celebrities react to death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma