The man accused of killing Fort Hood Pfc. Brandon Scoot Rosecrans tried to blame someone else for the murder, according to a newly released arrest affidavit obtained by FOX44 News.
Brandon Michael Olivares was charged with the soldier’s murder Wednesday
Police found the 27-year-old’s body in the 2100 block of Fuller Lane in Harker Heights on May 18th. Officers found his vehicle on fire a few blocks away.
In the arrest affidavit, detectives say Olivares first claimed another person, Jai Smith, killed Rosecrans while they were driving back from San Antonio where they had bought illegal drugs.
Investigators say they obtained the phone records for all three men to check that story. They say Smith’s phones never left Killeen that night.
They also say Smith’s girlfriend confirmed he did not leave San Antonio that night. She also told detectives that Olivares claimed he shot and killed Rosecrans for trying to rape his girlfriend.
You can read the entire arrest affidavit here:
Olivares is in the Bell County Jail on a $1,000,000 bond. He was already in jail when he was charged with murder.
In 2017, Olivares was at the center of a stand-off in Killeen. It started when police officers tried to arrest him outside a house on York Avenue.
Police say Olivares resisted several times and barricaded himself inside a home before surrendering an hour later.
- Amended gambling bill passes Alabama Senate, heads to House
- Moderna vaccine remains 90 percent effective after 6 months, company says
- Lawsuit filed against defendants in alleged multi-million dollar Limestone County school fraud scheme
- Expert says Chauvin was justified in pinning down George Floyd
- Nearly 3 weeks after tornado, Ohatchee in need of volunteers