MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — A man has been accused of grabbing a 2 1/2-foot-long sword and chasing after another man who asked him to turn down his music, police in Manchester, New Hampshire, said.
A man knocked on the door of Benjamin Layland, 47, on Monday, police said. Layland reportedly became upset and grabbed the sword. He allegedly chased the man down a hall, police said. The man got away and there were no injuries.
Layland was charged with criminal threatening. He was scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday. It wasn’t immediately known if he had a lawyer who could speak on his behalf.
- TPD: Man suffers ‘serious’ head injuries after being attacked with axe, suspect still on the loose
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- Arizona woman wakes up to find tires slashed, severed finger on driveway
- Two women tried to spend $1 million bill at Dollar General store