SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (WTEN) — If you’re strolling around Saratoga Springs, New York, don’t be surprised if you see police horses sporting some protective gear.
Out of an abundance of caution, horses in the Mounted Patrol Unit have been outfitted with face shields.
According to a Facebook post by Saratoga Springs Public Safety, the horses are instrumental in crowd control – meaning they have a lot of contact with the public.
Recent protests turning aggressive have also become a safety issue, which raised the need for the masks, according to the department.
- Second Extreme Heat Wave of June Coming This Weekend to the Pacific NW
- Spider-Man meets Pope Francis at the Vatican
- John McAfee found dead in Spanish jail after court approves extradition to US
- Southern Baptist leader wants to ‘iron out our differences’
- Bruce Willis filming new movie in Birmingham area