SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. (WTEN) — If you’re strolling around Saratoga Springs, New York, don’t be surprised if you see police horses sporting some protective gear.
Out of an abundance of caution, horses in the Mounted Patrol Unit have been outfitted with face shields.
According to a Facebook post by Saratoga Springs Public Safety, the horses are instrumental in crowd control – meaning they have a lot of contact with the public.
Recent protests turning aggressive have also become a safety issue, which raised the need for the masks, according to the department.
- Person found dead inside car along I-65 in Birmingham
- Widespread damage reported in downtown Chicago after night of looting
- Birmingham firefighters extinguish fire in abandoned building Sunday
- Sources: Big Ten, other top conferences meeting to decide fate of 2020 college football season
- AMBER Alert canceled for 16-month-old boy in Tuscaloosa, suspect still at large