Patrick Ewing, the head coach of the Georgetown Hoyas, has tested positive for the coronavirus.
The former New York Knicks star announced the diagnosis on Twitter, adding, “This virus is serious and should not be taken lightly.”
Ewing decided to share the news publicly to “emphasize that this virus can affect anyone,” according to a statement from Georgetown Athletics.
Ewing is isolated at an area hospital for treatment.
No one else in the Georgetown men’s basketball program has tested positive for the virus, according to the statement.
“I want everyone to stay safe and take care of yourselves and your loved ones,” Ewing tweeted.
- LIVE:US unemployment drops unexpectedly to a still-high 13.3%; Trump speaks
- Newsfeed Now: A bat-wielding grandma; Oklahoma news crew becomes heroes
- Protests shift to memorializing Floyd amid push for change
- Tarrant police searching missing man who may be in danger
- KFOR Chopper 4 crew spots, rescues missing swimmer in an Oklahoma river