(WIAT) — The city of Anniston made a Facebook post sending its condolences to the family of one of the original Freedom Riders, Bill Harbour.
The Civil Rights activist died Friday at the age of 78. The city of Anniston recognized the life and legacy that Harbour left behind in the city.
Harbour was a Tennessee State University student that was arrested during the bus ride from Nashville via Birmingham to Montgomery in May 1961.
- Driver shows ‘Get Out of Jail Free’ card to deputy at traffic stop: ‘Points for the effort and humor’
- 19-year-old hospitalized after bullying incident in Georgia
- Police working to identify Jane Doe who was found dead in Tuscaloosa County in 1982
- Alabama swatting call claims 14-year-old shot in head, brings out multiple officers
- 9 dead in 9 days in Alabama