(WIAT) — The city of Anniston made a Facebook post sending its condolences to the family of one of the original Freedom Riders, Bill Harbour.
The Civil Rights activist died Friday at the age of 78. The city of Anniston recognized the life and legacy that Harbour left behind in the city.
Harbour was a Tennessee State University student that was arrested during the bus ride from Nashville via Birmingham to Montgomery in May 1961.
- UPDATE: 4 injured during shooting at football game at Ladd-Peebles Stadium
- Alabama high school football scores for Oct. 14, Oct. 15
- 17-year-old shot in Birmingham’s Inglenook neighborhood
- Accident on Highway 79 north of Pinson shuts down both lanes, 1 person airlifted
- ‘Senseless tragedy’: Tuscaloosa 13-year-old shot, killed in community off Fosters Ferry Road