BRIGHTON, Ala. (WIAT) — One person is dead after a stabbing at the Holiday Mobile Home Park on Bessemer Super Highway in Brighton.
According to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, deputies were sent to the area to investigate after receiving a call. When they arrived, they found a 27-year-old man dead from stab wounds.
Witnesses told deputies that the victim and another man, identified as 33-year-old Jesus Rodriquez, got into a fight at the Everyday Store on Bessemer Super Highway, and that the victim followed Rodriquez to Holiday Mobile Home Park. That’s when Rodriquez stabbed the victim, according to witnesses.
Deputies took Rodriquez into custody. He’s being held on a charge of manslaughter, and his bond is set at $15,000.
- Flash Flood Watch in effect until 7 pm Sunday | Central AL Forecast
- Search suspended for Tuscaloosa man swept by flash flooding
- Young holds up, No. 1 Alabama holds off No. 11 Florida 31-29
- Tuscaloosa police respond to multiple calls related to flash floods
- Vaccines in your salad? Scientists growing medicine-filled plants to replace injections