BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The latest:
UPDATE (8:30 a.m.): We have received more information from Birmingham Fire and Rescue: The commercial building was under construction. A gas line was ruptured and caught fire.
There is a one-block radius perimeter from Second Avenue to Fifth Avenue and 23rd Street North. There were no evacuations.
The incident occurred at 7:45 a.m.
ORIGINAL STORY: There is a fire on the 2300 block of Fourth Avenue North.
According to Battalion Chief Sebastian Carrillo of Birmingham Fire and Rescue, it is a structure fire at a commercial building. This is an underground fire involving natural gas lines. Gas company Spire is on the scene working to contain gas leaks.
People are advised to stay clear of the area, 23rd Street North and Fourth Avenue North.
Police have blocked the area.
This is a developing story, check back for updates.
You can view the liveshot in the video below (mobile users click here!):