(WIAT) — UPDATE (11/6): According to the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office, a note found in the girls’ bathroom Wednesday at Odenville Middle School that indicated a bomb threat was the cause of evacuating Odenville Middle, Elementary and Intermediate Schools.
The note was discovered before 10 a.m. and school officials aided law enforcement in evacuating the areas. No one was injured and after a search, no evidence of any type of explosives was located.
No suspects have been taken into custody at this time.
No other information has been released. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
ORIGINAL (11/6): The Odenville Police Department states that law enforcement officers from around the county are conducting a safety search of three schools as a way of “taking precaution.”
According to their social media post, OPD is searching Odenville Elementary School, Odenville Intermediate School and Odenville Middle School.
Also in the social media post, they stated that students will be “back in class within the hour.”
In an earlier Facebook post, OPD stated,
“The schools are safe as well as ALL children we are just taking precaution. We ask that parents not try to come to the school at this time. Nothing has happened we are just taking precautions. We will update when we can.”
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Central AL Forecast: Cold, blustery with tons of sunshine
- Birmingham pastor calling on community to help decrease crime in neighborhoods
- 3 Birmingham firefighters injured battling house fire on Norwood Blvd
- Fla. middle school students evacuated from bus following body spray debacle
- ‘Slave trade’ assignment at Missouri school prompts investigation