(WIAT) — For the first time in recorded history, a Black woman is set to be a U.S. Navy tactical pilot.
Naval air training command is congratulating Lt. Madeline Swegle.
According to a tweet from Naval Air Training, Swegle will be receiving her “Wings of Gold” this month.
The military newspaper Stars and Stripes reports she’ll likely fly Super Hornets, Growlers or Joint Strike Fighters.
- Birmingham Legion FC Raises $8,800 For Civil Rights Institute
- Sports bars brace for possible losses if 2020 football season is canceled
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- Hotel owners concerned about football season in Tuscaloosa
- 100 arrested after night of looting in downtown Chicago; 13 police injured