The Rock Island Fire Department got a call of a woman in the Mississippi River in need of help around 12:15 p.m. on Friday.
Two civilian boats were near the woman in the river and a couple of people jumped in the river to try and help. Eventually, they got her onto a pontoon boat.
She was transferred to the fire department’s boat and taken to an awaiting ambulance at Sunset Marina.
There is no current information about her condition.
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Central AL Forecast: Stays cold & sunny tomorrow; Rainy later this week
- Pro-Trump demonstrators, some armed, start descending on Michigan, Ohio and South Carolina statehouses
- How Betty White is celebrating her 99th birthday Sunday
- Baby giraffe, born while the world watched, dies at Nashville zoo