TRUCHAS, N.M. (KRQE) – A Truchas woman has been charged with battery on a healthcare worker after refusing to wear a mask in a medical center waiting area on Dec. 3. According to a criminal complaint, a police officer was called to La Familia Medical Center in Truchas after Joy Ebel allegedly verbally harassed healthcare workers and coughed into one of their faces.
The complaint states after the third time hospital staff asked her to put a mask on, Ebel stood up, got nose to nose with a healthcare worker, and then coughed into the worker’s face. The worker is now working from home and does not have any symptoms.
Officials say Ebel also coughed into a second healthcare worker’s face. Both workers were wearing PPE.
- Potential flooding expected over the weekend; Homewood first responders prepare
- Missing Tennessee 5-year-old Summer Wells’ dad thinks ‘someone snuck up on her and grabbed her’
- George Floyd statue weighing 700 pounds unveiled in New Jersey
- ‘We’re having a road baby’: Tennessee woman gives birth on side of interstate
- Daredevil Alex Harvill dies while attempting world-record motorcycle jump