PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Authorities have released a video that shows part of a former Oregon football star’s successful effort to disarm a student who brought a shotgun to a Portland high school.
The video released Friday by the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office shows Keanon Lowe and the student emerge from a classroom and into a hallway at Parkrose High School with Lowe in possession of the shotgun.
Lowe recalled lunging at the armed student on May 17 as other students ran screaming out a back door.
The video shows Lowe hand the gun to a teacher and then wrap the student in a hug. Lowe works as a coach and security guard at the school.
The suspect, 19-year-old Angel Granados-Diaz, pleaded guilty to possessing a firearm in a public building.
- Man in critical condition after shooting at Center Point apartment complex
- Meghan describes suicidal thoughts, anguish about hurtful discussions about son
- Meghan and Harry interview with Oprah lays bare royal rift
- Ivey: March 7 declared as Tuskegee Airmen Day
- 6-year-old battling cancer surprised with birthday parade from first responders