COOKEVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A Tennessee Tech student is being tested for possible infection with Coronavirus.
According to university officials, the student had mild symptoms and with his recent travel history, he is being tested for the virus.
Officials said the patient met the criteria for the test but nothing has been confirmed.
According to a release, the student is being isolated while the testing is conducted.
The Tennessee Department of Health says that while they await the test results, there are no specific actions other people need to take.
Tennessee Tech says they are communicating with the Tennessee Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control.
China imposed lockdowns Thursday for more than 25 million people to try and contain the deadly disease.
25 people have died in China from the disease.
- Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett was trustee at private school with anti-gay policies
- Diet, exercise crucial parts of breast cancer treatment plan
- ADDIE’S PICK OF THE DAY: California police recover lizards stolen from reptile store
- Alabama NAACP names 4 to new hall of honor
- ‘Hocus Pocus’ returns for virtual reunion day before Halloween