NASHVILLE, Tenn. (CNN) — Here is a heart-warming holiday duet in the Music City as a chemo patient and his nurse sing a duet together.
Penn Pennington is a long-time Nashville session guitarist who has played at the Grand Ole Opry for 23 years.
He is also undergoing chemotherapy at Sarah Cannon Cancer Center.
When his nurse, whose name is Alex, found out he is a musician, she brought in her guitar and convinced him to sing with her.
That led to bedside performances during chemo treatments.
Their version of the Christmas classic “O Holy Night” was recorded Sunday by Pennington’s daughter.
It quickly went viral.
It’s already received more than 131,000 views.
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- 15-year-old girl who beat cancer last summer dies of COVID-19
- Ghislaine Maxwell in COVID quarantine after prison staffer gets virus
- Pedestrian struck, killed by vehicle over the weekend in Lincoln; police release new info
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving