DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — UPDATE: The airport will return to normal operations.
Original Story: A “suspicious package” has authorities evacuating Florida’s Daytona Beach International Airport, leaving dozens of passengers standing on the sidewalk outside.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office posted a statement online saying that the airport was being evacuated due to a suspicious package reported at about 6:15 a.m. It says more information will be shared as it becomes available.
Sheriff’s spokesman Andrew Gant said in an email that he’s not sure how many people were evacuated. Many stood on sideways outside after being ordered to leave the terminal.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- New Bessemer teachers get help to buy school supplies from Kappa Alpha Psi’s Alabaster chapter
- Patton Creek, Vestavia AMC movie theaters reopening Aug. 20 with 15-cent ticket prices
- #CITYHALLSELFIE Day Set For Friday
- “White Pride” billboard in Arkansas gains attention again, thousands sign petition for removal
- Chelsea Park Elementary staff excited for first day back at school