DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — UPDATE: The airport will return to normal operations.
Original Story: A “suspicious package” has authorities evacuating Florida’s Daytona Beach International Airport, leaving dozens of passengers standing on the sidewalk outside.
The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office posted a statement online saying that the airport was being evacuated due to a suspicious package reported at about 6:15 a.m. It says more information will be shared as it becomes available.
Sheriff’s spokesman Andrew Gant said in an email that he’s not sure how many people were evacuated. Many stood on sideways outside after being ordered to leave the terminal.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Central AL Forecast: Rain back for the end of the weekend
- Emmitt Smith goes 1-on-1 with Walter Payton’s son to discuss first Super Bowl, all-time rushing record
- 49ers’ Super Bowl run has similarities to 1981 title team
- Super Bowl back in Miami for 11th time after 10-year hiatus
- Parents arrested in connection to baby’s body found in dumpster; neighbors react to disturbing development