MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The Southern Poverty Law Center has published emails that it says show Trump adviser Stephen Miller “promoted white nationalist literature and racist propaganda” to a conservative news site.
The nonprofit’s Hatewatch blog published excerpts Tuesday of leaked emails Miller sent to Breitbart editors in 2015 and 2016.
The organization says the emails were provided by a former Breitbart editor who was fired. Miller often discusses potential immigration stories in the messages.
The excerpts show Miller sent a link from VDARE, an anti-immigration website that has published work by white nationalists. The group says Miller also suggested a racist novel about violent migrants while discussing the pope’s message on immigration.
White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham said officials had not seen the report but called the SPLC “a far-left smear organization.”
- Protesters demand end to police brutality in Hoover
- Waterbury Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded
- 1 dead after drowning on Lake Martin
- BPD investigates possible kidnapping, ring video shows incident
- Mississippi could drop Jim Crow-era statewide voting process