LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Las Vegas area rescue group, Lofty Hopes, says one of the pigeons that had a cowboy hat glued to its head has died. “Billie the Pidge” died from an undetected illness, the group said.
The rescue group says the fumes from the glue could have poisoned it.
According to Lofty Hopes, pigeons have a very fragile respiratory system. A veterinarian had to trim the bird’s feathers to get the hat off.
Several other birds the rescue found also had hats glued on their heads, including “Coolamity Jane” and “Cluck Norris.”
It is still unknown who put the hats on the birds.
- 4-year-old accidentally shoots 8-year-old brother in Illinois, police say
- North Carolina man rescues little girl wandering alone in early morning cold
- “No matter what planet you’re from” this monolith is illegal in Utah
- Toy safety group releases annual list of top 10 ‘worst’ toys
- National Thanksgiving Turkey pardoning to take place at White House