LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Las Vegas area rescue group, Lofty Hopes, says one of the pigeons that had a cowboy hat glued to its head has died. “Billie the Pidge” died from an undetected illness, the group said.
The rescue group says the fumes from the glue could have poisoned it.
According to Lofty Hopes, pigeons have a very fragile respiratory system. A veterinarian had to trim the bird’s feathers to get the hat off.
Several other birds the rescue found also had hats glued on their heads, including “Coolamity Jane” and “Cluck Norris.”
It is still unknown who put the hats on the birds.
- Aggressive squirrels terrorize Florida family in their condo
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- New exhibit at Vulcan Park honors women’s suffrage movement
- Bessemer police investigate Friday night shooting
- Gov. Kay Ivey on list of 10 most popular governors in the country