MT. JULIET, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee Highway Patrol report says a boy who died during a Christmas parade in Tennessee had fallen out of a trailer and was run over by a truck his father was driving.
The crash report released Monday identified the child as 7-year-old Rowan Ace Frensley.
The agency says he was hit at the end of the parade Saturday by a Ford F-150 pickup truck driven by Art Frensley. The truck was driving at low speeds while preparing to unload passengers from a trailer it was towing through the Mount Juliet Middle School parking lot.
Hundreds gathered at a vigil on Sunday night in Rowan’s honor.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the Frensley family.
- Here’s why the lights were out at the Washington Monument on Sunday night
- 16-year-old pilot delivers 5,000 pieces of PPE to West Virginia hospital
- Mass vaccination sites ready across the US as states wait for supply of more vaccines
- Judge: Charges still stand against pastor Tony Spell for violating COVID-19 crowd limits
- ‘THIS IS ME’: Rioters flaunt involvement in Capitol siege on social media