MT. JULIET, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee Highway Patrol report says a boy who died during a Christmas parade in Tennessee had fallen out of a trailer and was run over by a truck his father was driving.
The crash report released Monday identified the child as 7-year-old Rowan Ace Frensley.
The agency says he was hit at the end of the parade Saturday by a Ford F-150 pickup truck driven by Art Frensley. The truck was driving at low speeds while preparing to unload passengers from a trailer it was towing through the Mount Juliet Middle School parking lot.
Hundreds gathered at a vigil on Sunday night in Rowan’s honor.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the Frensley family.
- Downed tree blocks roadway, tangles powerlines
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- NYT report indicates Trump paid Ivanka $747,622 in consulting fees, then deducted them from taxes
- Gov. Ivey speaks on state’s COVID-19 efforts
- Search canceled for missing Walker County man