TAMPA (CNN/WFLA) — Publix is donating $250,000 to Hurricane Dorian relief efforts in the Bahamas.
Based in Florida, Publix likely knows how difficult it can be to recover from hurricanes.
Dorian devastated Grand Bahama and its surrounding islands as a Category 5 storm earlier this week. At one point, it stalled for about 15 hours and pummeled the area nonstop with wind and rain.
- NFL Conference Championship betting tips: Bet now or bet later?
- Firefighters put out house fire in Jefferson County’s Sylvan Springs
- Cowboys for Trump leader arrested over US Capitol riot
- Virus, homicides, drugs put strains on funeral homes
- After allergic reactions at 1 clinic, California pauses use of large batch of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine