CHICAGO (AP) — An Illinois sheriff’s office investigating a pediatrician who killed himself last year says tests have revealed several of his former patients lack immunity to diseases against which they or their parents believed they had been vaccinated.
Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart’s office said Monday that tests on former patients of Dr. Van Koinis of Evergreen Park found they lack immunity.
Authorities launched an investigation after finding a suicide note in which Koinis suggested he complied with some parents’ requests not to vaccinate their children.
Dart’s office said Koinis had been licensed to practice in Illinois since 1991.
- Woman charged with shooting at husband at Huntsville hotel
- Lockport 8-year-old donates hundreds of coats to those in need
- Rare sight! Albino buck spotted roaming through Wisconsin backyard
- Central AL Forecast: Rain returns tomorrow & Sunday; HUGE cooldown next week
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments